When you or a loved one has been accused of a crime, whether it’s stealing, DWI, DUI or drug related, you can’t take chances with your choice of defense attorney. The choice of an attorney or lawyer for a criminal matter should be based on trustworthiness, experience, track record and approach. Here at Miller Law Firm, located in Lebanon, Missouri, our attorneys have over 40 years of combined experience in criminal law. Our approach to criminal matters is simple and straightforward: we believe that good people sometimes make mistakes, but that those mistakes should not ruin their lives. With that approach in mind we analyze every case in the same methodical way:
1. Investigate all of the evidence – This includes a detailed analysis of police reports, client and witness interviews, depositions and discovery to determine, first and foremost, if the State can meet their burden of proof. No matter if it’s a DWI, driving while intoxicated, DUI, MIP, open container, city case, municipal or county, the state must prove that you are guilty. If the evidence points to innocence or a bad police investigation, we will work tirelessly to present your case and seek a dismissal. We will also investigate any potential police misconduct, prosecutor misconduct or any other reason the case should not have been charged.
2. Discuss client goals and expectations – We discuss with you what your goals and expectations are. If together, we decide, that you should seek a plea agreement with the state, it is important to always keep your goals in mind. Some clients seek probation, others fines or community service. Every single person and case is different and we will strive to ensure your goals and expectations are met.
3. Negotiation – Often when a person is accused of a crime, whether it’s a traffic ticket, DWI, DUI, drug possession, drug distribution, theft, stealing, assault, or other crime, the prosecutor assigned by the state knows only that the crime was charged. They don’t get to know the person, the individual. It is often our best negotiation tactic to simply help the prosecutor understand that our clients are good people who have made a mistake, that they are more than just this one bad decision, they have families and others who depend on them and want nothing more than to get this problem behind them and move forward. We understand this, and we want the state to understand this.
4. Communication and counsel – Criminal cases are more than just the outcome of the case, though. When someone is arrested and put in jail they have to negotiate a great many hurdles. Bonding and getting bail, for instance, can be a difficult and confusing process, we can help. Before you bond out of jail, talk to an attorney. Often times we can get your bond reduced, a bond reduction and we can help navigate the bond conditions that come with a bond.
5. Final Resolution – Of course, the most important part of any criminal case is the final resolution. We will always work to achieve our client’s goals and expectations, the best possible outcome for each and every person and will strive to get the case done as soon as is possible. Our criminal practice is thriving and we represent a lot of good people. They trust us to help them through this difficult time and we hope you will too.
DWI Cases – If you or a loved one are ever arrested for DWI, we highly recommend having your lawyer’s phone number handy, as well as their email address. Asking for an attorney early and often during the DWI process can mean the difference in terms license forfeiture, evidence usable against you and final outcomes.
License Reinstatement, Reinstated – If your license has been revoked for any reason, please call or fill out the form on this page for a consultation. The laws regarding hardship licenses, limited driving privileges and license reinstatement / reinstated licenses have recently changed and you may be eligible for a hardship or limited driving privilege license far sooner than you think.
Call or use the form on this page for a free consultation
EXAMPLE OF CASES WE TAKE
- Open Container
- Drug related crimes
- Imitation substance
- Marijuana / Pot
- Checkpoint related stops
- Domestic assault
- Careless and Imprudent driving
- Alcohol related crimes
- Any other criminal law matter
COUNTIES AND CITIES WE SERVE:
- Laclede County
- Pulaski County
- Camden Count
- Mountain Grove
- Wright County
- Webster County
- Dallas County
- Phelps County
- Greene County
You may fill out the contact form below if you would prefer to contact Miller Law Firm via email. Please be sure to fill in all three fields and then click on the “submit” button. You will receive a response within 24 hours.